Tuesday 4 March 2014

ME3: Extended Cut Analysis Part 7

Spending a few hours last night building in 720x480 and realizing that I can't export to 720x480 and instead can only do 720x405, took longer than expected. (Okay, I can go higher, but that's pointless if you build in something lower.)

Interestingly enough, exporting "as is" without playing around with Premiere's configuration took about 40 seconds. Which gave me a file size of over 5.5 gigs. I'm not sure if my hardware is laughing at me or the CPU, SSD & GTX 765M were dying for a workout; they've been lazying about all this time.

So I'll probably spend less time exporting, next time around. I hope. The production process of writing, editing, and video clipping takes less time. I mostly put this on my new hardware.

Or it could be that ME3 is the gift that keeps on giving, the writing lesson that will always be taught, or the wound that never closes.

(I still blame put this on the synthetics new hardware.)

4 comments:

  1. Well, you could always do a character analysis which tries to tie the three stories together, as well as where it all falls down (although you covered a lot of bases here), or do a top 5 of characters who you think work the best in Mass Effect (top 5 story arcs?), as well as who is the most useless in the entire series (although, again, you kind of covered most of the bases there).

    Or, you could take a positive example of choice such as Alpha Protocol or (to an extent) Catherine, and compare it with the false choices of Mass Effect.

    Or (and I know I've mentioned this before, but hey, it's your channel!), you could have a discussion with someone who has read the comics and discuss how these fall down and how Mac Walters needs to be retired from anything having to do with the Mass Effect (hey, couldn't be any worse than discussing the Mass Effect film).

    Or, you could discuss things like Citadel/Leviathan/Omega DLC, and talk about how most of these DLC (save for Citadel, which had some fan service laughs) were pretty useless and didn't add to the story whatsoever.

    It's not a question of whether or not the well is dry, it's a question of whether you want to throw yourself in the well once more! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or he could abandon Mass Effect altogether and travel to greener pastures (Planescape, Fallout 2, Alpha Protocol, KOTOR2, The Witcher series, Suikoden, Dragon Age: Origins, etc.)

      If he keeps this rate we'll have ME3 material seep through until ME4 eventually gets out... And we know what's going to happen then.

      Delete
    2. Good ideas. I haven't really seen a lengthy breakdown of Alpha Protocol.

      Delete
  2. You know, I thought of something about the Starchild's logic about preserving organic life: does that include the wildlife of the planets they're destroying? They reaperfied Harvesters, does that they reaperfie other creatures like dogs? Are they going to make a Harvester Reaper? They're not preserving organic life if they happen to wipe it all life from planets. Another hole in Starchild's logic...as if it needed anymore.

    Also, wouldn't the best place to move the Citadel at the end of the game be at the Galactic Core seeing as its only accessible through the Omega-4 relay and the only Alliance controlled ship to be able to use it would be the Normandy? Plot hole.

    I also wanted to ask, do you have any plans on analyzing any of the other ME3 DLC? I've only recently played Citadel and I'm surprised that no one else seems to have ripped to shreds as it offers little substances other than pandering. I'd like to hear your thoughts on the contrived main plot and the more shoe horned follow up comics.

    ReplyDelete